Terms & Conditions
Any reference to Us/We/Company/Seller shall mean Kevela You/Buyer/Purchaser shall mean any person, business or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall include all successors, heirs and assigns. Where a person deals entirely as a consumer, legal rights shall remain unaffected. Where the term buyer appears within these terms it shall mean consumer buyer/purchaser unless specified as relating to a trade buyer or consumer buyer individually.
Goods shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all ancillary items are additional to this agreement unless specifically detailed within the sales invoice/order form.
Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase. Purchasers should note that prices quoted may vary and current prices are quoted at the time of order. In respect of orders placed via the Internet, these shall not be accepted by us until confirmed.
The company reserves the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any order without notice. In addition, the buyer shall ensure that all details contained within the order are correct and no liability for any error or inaccuracy shall lie with the company.
- "Working day" shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
PURCHASING FROM US
We are not obliged to supply the goods to you until we have confirmed acceptance of your order and this is when the contract is made. You do not own the goods until we receive payment in full.
We aim to delivery your goods as quickly as possible, we normally dispatch goods within 2-3 days, delivery will vary depending upon your location however our aim is 5-7 working days for UK mainland addresses, deliveries outside of the UK can take considerably longer.
If at any time an item ordered is not currently in stock we will inform you with expected dates for delivery, an alternative or offer a full refund.
Delivery schedules can be affected by industrial action, weather, civil disputes, acts of God, war or actions by third parties. The company can therefore not guarantee delivery during such events.
If you wish to have your order delivered to an alternative address we will need to be informed by writing before your item is dispatched, we can not change the address once the item has been posted. It is the customers responsibility to ensure the correct address has been supplied to us, such as your registered Pay Pal/Google Checkout address.
Where incorrect delivery information has been supplied to us, the company shall not be responsible for loss of goods, nor shall the company be responsible for issuing refunds due to non receipt of goods.
All guarantees for products are provided entirely by the manufacturers/UK importers and are subject to terms contained therein.
Kevela does not claim suitability or durability for any products sold on this website. By purchasing from us you agree to hold Kevela harmless and release all parties related to Kevela from any and all actions.
We strongly recommend all components purchased from us to be fitted by a qualified cycle mechanic to ensure proper and correct installation. Kevela can not guarantee any products that are fitted incorrectly.
PLEASE NOTE: Many bicycling accidents are caused through improper adjustment of the cycles derailleur prior to the accident. Do not install a brand new gear hanger and forget to properly adjust the derailleur.
Returning for refund/exchange
You must notify us before returning goods for a refund or exchange.
- Goods must be returned to us within 7 working days of receipt of goods. If we receive the goods after this time we can only offer an exchange or credit note.
- Goods must be in original packaging.
- Goods must not be fitted or used.
- All refunds and/or exchanges will only be issued when the products have been received by Kevela
- We are unable to refund any postage costs you may have incurred from your original order.
At Kevela.co.uk we offer free postage on all orders over £50 (Excluding delivery outside the UK Mainland), however we are unable to offer this on product exchanges. If you do return an item to be exchanged then we will charge the postage cost to you, this must be paid before we can dispatch the exchanged products.
Faulty, damaged goods?
All NEW goods purchased from Kevela.co.uk are covered by a 12 month warranty. All USED goods purchased from Kevela are covered by a 3 month warranty. Warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects, they do not cover damage caused by crashing, abuse, general wear and tear, incorrect fitting or misuse etc. If you feel that the product you have purchased from us has developed a fault then please contact us before returning goods as we may be able solve the issue without you incurring postage costs. If the goods need to be returned:
- Goods must be clean, and not covered in dirt.
- Goods must be accompanied with the original proof of purchase
- You will need to pay the return postage for the goods but we will refund these costs once the goods have been inspected and the fault/damage verified.
- We can only refund the amount to send the item by 1st class postage via Royal Mail, if you have used a carrier to return the goods you may not receive the full value of the returns cost.
- If you are outside the UK mainland we cannot refund the postage costs either way.
Refunds and/or exchanges will only be issued when the products have been received by us. In accordance with the distance selling regulations processing refunds can take up to 30 days however this is normally not the case and we do our best to process them as quickly as possible.
Mistakes can happen, nobody's perfect ! If we have sent you a part which is different to what you have ordered, we will be happy to make an exchange and pay for your first class postage costs for returning the item. In addition to this you will also receive a 10% discount voucher to use on your next purchase with our compliments.
You must address any items you are returning to the following address:
35 North Street
LIMITATIONS UPON LIABILITY
- Advice given by agents or servants of this company during telephone/Internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the purchaser. Where advice is given after visual inspection by agents or servants of this company, such advice shall amount to an opinion only and the company shall not accept liability for any inaccuracies. Additionally, goods supplied are supplied only to correspond to the purpose for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied and not alternative uses to which they may be put.
No liability for failure can be accepted by this company for such alternative use, amendment or modification.
- Compatibility of goods is not guaranteed where modifications or alterations have been made and the company shall, in such circumstances, and at its discretion, issue a refund or credit to the purchaser.
- Where goods purchased by the buyer are alleged to be defective, the purchaser agrees to return such goods to the seller for inspection and report (without the seller replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser further confirms that it shall be reasonable for the seller to inspect, repair or replace (at its option) such defective goods and allow manufacturers to undertake inspections so as to allow production methods to be modified. The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform the seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the purchaser shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall the company be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification.
- Where modifications or alterations and poor maintenance to goods have been made the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by its own negligence.
- No liability is accepted by the company where purchasers attempt to modify or install components supplied where it is known or ought reasonably to be known that the part supplied is incorrectly supplied, defective or otherwise not in accordance with the order.
- The company accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of the company, including strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God, war or actions by third parties.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall confer, nor is it intended to confer, a benefit on any third party (for the purposes of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose).
We accept payments from PayPal, Google Checkout, Cheque (min 3 day clearance) or BACS payment, each of which have their own terms and conditions which are separate to ours. The company must have receipt of a cleared payment before we can dispatch goods.
Payments by Cheques must be made out to Kevela and our BACS details are as follows: Bank: Lloyds TSB, Sort Code: 30-99-77, Account Number: 25066260.
All goods are the sole property of the company until paid for. Payments that are claimed back from any payment provider will mean the goods then become the property of the Company. The company will seek action to reclaim the goods in such an event.
Please note: All Website and Mail Order payments are taken in full at the point of purchase regardless of stock.
We endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on the Website and any subsequent publications are correct. Occasionally, however, an error may occur and Products may be mispriced. If a Product's correct price is lower than the price stated on the Web Store, we will charge the lower amount and send you the Product. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on the Web Store, we will, at our discretion, contact you and ask you whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We will not be obliged to supply Products at an incorrect price.
The buyer shall have the right to cancel any contract for goods made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions within seven working days from the day after delivery of the goods. Cancellation of the contract can be effected by emailing us via our contact page section of the website or in writing to Kevela,1st Floor, 34 High Street, March, Cambridgeshire. PE15 9JR
If a Notice of Cancellation is received by the Company in accordance with above clause the consumer buyer shall become liable to return the goods to the Company forthwith, to such address as directed by the Company preferably in their original packaging (and without having been installed or used) and at the consumer buyer's sole expense.
If the consumer buyer fails to return the goods within 14 days of the cancellation of the contract, the Company shall be entitled to collect the goods from the consumer buyer and to recover any direct costs involved in such collection from the consumer buyer.
The Company shall effect a refund of any monies owing to the consumer in respect of the goods within 30 days from the date of cancellation of the contract.
Goods delivered to the buyer may be returned to the Company preferably in original packaging (packaging must be adequate for returning by post etc) and without being installed or used for credit within 7 working days from the day after delivery of the goods.
The buyer confirms that he/she shall comply with any or all rules relating to installation of the product concerned and fully accepts that any loss which results from forced, misdirected, inappropriate or unqualified installation shall not be accepted by the company.
This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and industry custom and practice, and English courts shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising there from. In respect of Internet sales, jurisdiction or the agreement shall be with English Law.
None of the above terms and conditions affect your statutory rights as a consumer.